Project LEAD 2022
July 24, 2022
La Jolla, CA
NBCC will hold two Project LEAD Institute sessions for the summer of 2022, in La Jolla, CA. Applications for both sessions are now open.
SESSION 1: July 24, 2022 – July 29, 2022
Apply now: https://stopbreastcancer.kindful.com/register/2022lead-session1
SESSION 2: July 31, 2022 – August 5, 2022
Apply now: https://stopbreastcancer.kindful.com/register/2022lead-session2
LOCATION: La Jolla, CA
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 22, 2022
NOTIFICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with final notification no later than June 1, 2022.
*Note: Advocates should only apply for one session.*
Applicants must be members of NBCC who are:
- Currently involved in the activities of a breast cancer organization
- Interested in learning the scientific language and concepts of breast cancer to share with their community
- Motivated to take a seat at the tables where important breast cancer decisions are made
- Dedicated to supporting NBCC’s mission to end breast cancer for everyone
- **Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, NBCC requires that all attendees of in-person programming must be fully vaccinated as per CDC guidelines.**
To apply, you must:
- Complete an application detailing your history of advocacy and your interest in Project LEAD.
- Submit two letters of recommendation on this template to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will not be considered until all pieces are received
- Need-based travel and lodging scholarships are available. You can apply for them via the application. Tuition is free and all meals are included.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- NOTE: Accepted participants must attend the entire course.